Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Once A Week Vegan


Becoming a mom has been momentous. In my life I am no longer the focus. Center stage is Ayla. Some days I am so enamored with my role, that this fact doesn't matter. Other days I wonder, "Where am I?" My day starts at 7:30am and ends some time around bedtime. There is little room for my own desires and wishes. Like time to myself. So consequently I often find myself struggling to make the food that I want to cook all the time, if I had all the time. However, I have found a compromise. I have decided to carve time for my health and therefore ultimately my family's health. I am making a commitment to eat a Vegan meal at least once a week. This is my first attempt and the meal is an adaptation from Myra Kornfeld's "Voluptuous Vegan."

The Menu:
Orange and Ginger Tofu Triangles
Arame Salsa
Citrus Scented Basmati Rice with Cinnamon and Cumin
Teriyaki Vegetable

This meal was absolutely delicious! It is super filling and healthy. I especially loved the seaweed salad, it was incredibly refreshing because it included cucumber, cilantro and a little jalapeno to give it some kick.
Most people are a little hesitant when it comes to seaweed. They think it will taste "fishy" or are just not sure how to prepare it. The arame salsa was a perfect dish for anyone that has ever wanted to make seaweed.
By law I am not able to reproduce the recipe for the internet, and since I tend to be a law abiding citizen and want to stay that way I cannot write the whole recipe here. However, if you are interested in cooking this meal yourself, drop me an email. I'd be happy to share the recipes with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment